Claims & Help Center
A claim made if your vehicle is stolen.
Who Can Make A Theft Claim?
Only valid for comprehensive motor insurance policyholders or those with a third party, fire and theft motor insurance policy.
1. Make a police report within 24 hours as required by law. Please bring a copy of the police report for claim form requisition.
2. You can request for a claim form from the nearest Branches or call us at 1 800 88 3833.
3. Alternatively, register your claim online (click here) or call us at 1 800 88 3833 for assistance.
Note: for online claims, please refer to this user guide.
- Claim form
- Police report (original copy)
- Updated vehicle's registration card / vehicle ownership certificate (VOC)
- Insured's & driver's identity card (copy)
- Insured's & driver's driving licence (copy)
- Insurance policy/certificate (copy)
- Hire purchase agreement (copy) – applicable if there is hire purchase
- Vehicle permit (for commercial vehicles)
- Goods driving licence (GDL) or public services licence (PSV) - for commercial vehicles
- Business registration (copy) - applicable to company registered vehicles
- AP permit (copy) – for imported/recond imported vehicles
- Copy of Puspakom report
- A copy of insured's director IC
1. What should I do next after I have submitted my documents?
Please render your full cooperation with the appointed adjusters or AmGeneral representative as you will be interviewed for a statement on the theft incident.
Should your vehicle be recovered, notify us immediately to obtain our consent to tow it out of the police station. We may need to arrange for a damage survey by our appointed adjusters prior to towing.
2. How fast can my theft claim be approved?
We shall approve your claim within six months and/or police investigation have been finalised and completed, whichever is earlier.
3. Will my NCD entitlement drop to zero with a single claim?
If you or anybody else meets with an incident that will give rise to a claim on this policy, the NCD entitlement that you have accumulated will drop to zero at the next renewal and your NCD will start all over again. If a claim is received after the NCD has been applied, we shall be entitled to recover the NCD given to you.