Claims & Help Center

> Personal Accident (PA) Claims > Overview

Personal Accident (PA) Claims


What is Personal Accident (PA) insurance Claims?

Personal Accident insurance or PA insurance is an annual policy which provides compensation in the event of injuries, disability or death caused solely by violent, accidental, external and visible events.

Personal Accident Insurance protects your finances by providing a lump sum compensation in the unfortunate event of a fatal accident or one that disables you permanently. The compensation shields you and your loved ones from a financial crunch. This insurance also covers accidental hospitalization cost and weekly benefits.

Note: The amount of compensation depends upon the sum insured

Who can make a Personal Accident (PA) Insurance Claim?

An individual Insured person (s) / an insured entity or a valid Nominee when acting on behalf of someone who has died because of personal injury as stipulated under the Personal Accident policy.

How To Make A Claim? 

  • Claim Documents Requisition

Claim Form can be obtained from Liberty General Insurance HQ or the nearest branches

  • Completion of Claim Documents

Claim Form need to be filled in by the Insured / Insured Person / Claimant.

Please include the relevant supporting documents as required.

  • Claim Submission

Kindly submit via our agent, or to the nearest Liberty General Insurance branches

What Are The Supporting Documents?

The below details are the minimum required documents to support your claim. Please be aware, however, that the claims examiner may require additional documentation at the time of review of your claim.

To expedite the claim process, provide all documentation directly to the claims examiner and include the policy / claim number in your subsequent documents submission.

1. Accidental Death

  • Completed Claim Form
  • Death Certificate
  • Post Mortem Report
  • Burial Certificate
  • Police Report and copy of driving license (if involved in motor vehicle accident)
  • Letter of Administration (claim > RM100k) and Statutory Declaration from next of kin (claim < RM100k)
  • Sijil Faraid for Muslim
  • Nominee relationship proof (e.g : Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate)
  •  A copy of national registration identity card (NRIC)

2. Permanent Disablement (PD)

  • Completed Claim Form
  • Police Report and copy of driving license (if involved in motor vehicle accident)
  • Medical Report including comment on percentage of disabililty
  • Original photographs of Insured Person / Claimant (full & close up on the injury and disability)  
  • A copy of national registration identity card (NRIC)

3. Medical Expenses

  • Completed Claim Form
  • Medical Report
  • Original Medical Bills and receipts
  • Police Report and copy of driving license  (if involved in motor vehicle accident)
  • A copy of national registration identity card (NRIC)

4. Hospital Income

  • Completed Claim Form
  • Medical Report
  • Copy of In-patient hospitalization invoice
  • Police Report (if involved in motor vehicle accident)
  •  A copy of national registration identity card (NRIC)

5. Weekly Benefits

  • Completed Claim Form
  • Medical Report
  • Police Report (if involved in motor vehicle accident)
  • Medical Leave certificate / slip 
  • A copy of national registration identity card (NRIC)

Note : The above documents are not exhaustive as further supporting documents may be required if deemed necessary

General FAQ

1. What is meant by "accident" and "accidental death"?

Accident means an event resulting in bodily injury occurring whilst this policy is in force, where the injury is directly and solely caused by accidental, violent and external and visible means and where the injury is not self-inflicted.

Accidental death means death occurring as a direct result of an accident which took place while the life insured was covered under the policy and where death occurs within 12 calendar months of the accident.

2. I have a personal accident policy with another insurer. Can I take up another policy with Liberty General Insurance? Will both policies pay for claims?

Yes, you can take up PA policy with more than one insurance companies. In the event of legitimate claim, you will receive the full amount payable under your PA policy even though you have received compensation from other insurance company except for medical expenses where we will only reimburse for the amount that have not been reimbursed under any other policy.

3. Can a person claim for medical expenses due to illness / disease?

No. A Personal Accident (PA) policy pays only for medical expenses which result in bodily injury caused by accidental means.

4. Does Personal Accident (PA) insurance provide coverage for Bereavement / Funeral Expenses?

Yes, if you choose to purchase our PA Supreme Insurance policy and/or Kurnia Star PA Insurance policy or other specially arranged policy.

5. What is weekly benefits?

If the Insured Person is temporarily unable to engage in or attend to his/her profession or occupation due to bodily injury caused by an accident as certified by a medical practitioner, the Company will pay the Insured Person the amount specified under Weekly Benefits (Temporary Total Disablement / Temporary Partial Disablement), effective from the date of confirmation of such temporary disablement by a registered medical practitioner.

6. I already have a health and life insurance cover. Why should I buy Personal Accident Insurance?

Life insurance offers death benefit to your nominee in case of your demise. Health insurance provides compensation and/or reimbursement of hospitalization and other medical expenses.

A Personal Accident (PA) Insurance policy, on the other hand, insures against financial risk that could arise due to accidental injury, permanent total disability or accidental death of the insured person by offering variety of benefits e.g. death, permanent disablement, hospital income and weekly benefits.

7. I am a homemaker who spends majority of time at home. Do I also need a personal accident insurance?

Accidents can happen to anyone and anywhere. Motor accidents, rail accidents, natural calamities, the list is endless. These can sound scary. But, getting intimidated is not the solution, being financially prepared is. Opting for a Personal Accident Insurance helps you to meet expenses in case a crisis arises.

8. I have a family to support. To whom will the payment be made in the event of death?

For Muslim

Sijil Faraid will be required irrespective of amount involved. The settlement amount will be paid to the person as mentioned in the Sijil Faraid.

For Non-Muslim

a) Policy with Nominee

All you need to do is to nominate the beneficiary in the policy document. The settlement amount will be paid to your nominee by the insurance company.

b) Policy without Nominee

  • Statutory Declaration will be required for claim less than RM100k  (< RM100k).
  • Letter of Administration will be required for claim more than RM100k       (> RM100k).
  • The settlement amount will be paid to the person as mentioned in the Letter of Administration.