Claims & Help Center

> Motor Bodily Injury Claims > Overview

Motor Bodily Injury Claims


What is a Motor Bodily Injury Claim?

All claims for injuries or fatalities by the third party(ies) that arise as a result of a motor vehicle accident involving our insured’s vehicle(s)

Who can make a Motor Bodily Injury Claim?

Third party who sustained injuries or dependent(s) of the deceased third party(ies)

How To Make A Claim?

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Malaysia/Singapore or Brunei, you are required to notify your insurance company of the accident and render the necessary assistance when required regardless whether you are at fault.

In the event that you and /or your passengers are injured or if there is any fatalities due to our policyholder (insured) negligence, you may pursue a Motor Bodily Injury claims against us. However, if the accident was caused by any other third party vehicle(s), you are to submit your claim directly against the third party insurer concerned. 

Alternatively, if the accident was due to your own negligence, a claim may be filed against you. Please forward all correspondences including Court summons received pertaining to the accident unanswered to your insurance company immediately.

What Are The Supporting Documents?

  • All relevant police documents
  • All relevant medical reports
  • Photos/Video footage regarding the accident (if any)
  • For fatal claim only: 
  1. Proof of Relationship
  2. Death certificate
  3. Burial permit
  4. Post mortem report
  • Death certificate
  • Burial permit
  • Post mortem report
  • All bills and receipts to substantiate your claim

Note: The above list is not exhaustive. The documents required may vary depending on each case. We reserve the right to conduct investigation on any claims submitted.


Submission of documents

Please submit the relevant documents by hand or via fax, email, post or courier to the Head Office /nearest branch of AmGeneral Insurance.

General FAQ


a) Insured / Agent


1. What should I do, if I’m involved in a road accident?

We would advise you to do the followings:

a) Are you injured? If yes, please seek medical treatment from the nearest hospital/clinic.

b) Notify us immediately if you require assistance at the scene of accident via Kurnia One-Touch Application, or call us at Toll Free “Kurnia Auto Assist 1800 88 3833”.

c) Write down the vehicle’s registration number and particulars of the parties involved.

d) Take pictures of the injured person(s), vehicle(s) involved and scene of accident.

e) Lodge a police report within 24 hours. If hospitalized, lodge police report once condition permits.


2. I did not make an Own Damage claim. Why did I lost my NCD?

Your NCB will be forfeited, if there is a claim submitted by the injured party who was involved in the accident with you.


3. What should I do, if I receive letter(s) or “Section 96 Notice” or Court Summons from Third Party Lawyer?

a) Immediately notify us/agents and submit relevant documents.

b) DO NOT contact the injured party (Claimant) lawyer

c) DO NOT admit liability.

d) Kindly render full cooperation to us as we may appoint adjuster to investigate the accident and a lawyer to represent you in court.


4. I have received a letter from lawyer to attend court. What should I do?

Call us immediately and we shall advise you accordingly.


5. What do I need to do, if I received letter(s) or a claim form from my Insurance Company but I was not involved in the accident?

Talk to us and we would advise you further. We may appoint adjuster or lawyer to assist you in this matter.


6. Can I claim for the Injury that I sustained?

Yes, you may. However you have to pursue the claim against the Insurance Company covering the vehicle that collided into you (or your vehicle).