Complimentary Towing for All Malaysians
Terms and Conditions
1. The Campaign shall commence from 1st May 2022 until 16th May 2022 (“Campaign Period”), and this is inclusive of both dates unless notified otherwise. AmGeneral Insurance Berhad (“The Company”) reserves the right to withdraw the Campaign at any time prior to 16th May 2022.
2. This Campaign applies to all Malaysian Citizens / Permanent Residents driving in Malaysia only.
3. Throughout this Campaign, if the vehicle being driven by you cannot be driven or is unsafe to be driven in the event of breakdown or road emergencies and needs to be towed, we will provide you or your authorised driver with towing assistance.
- Towing assistance within West and East Malaysia only.
- In the event of breakdown only.
- Up to a maximum of 50 kilometres for West Malaysia and 30 kilometres for East Malaysia per round trip per any one incident, not including toll charges incurred for the necessary and reasonable costs to move your vehicle to the nearest or to our designated approved repairer only.
- The towing assistance would be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the Campaign Period.
- For purpose of disposing off or towing your vehicle from one repairer to another.
- Any summons, compounds or fines from any authorities and any unpaid parking fees that may be incurred.
- The towing assistance excludes Commercial vehicles, vehicles used for carriage of passengers for hire or reward and Motorcycles.
- Extra costs associated with baby-tire / special equipment / basement towing will have to be borne by the customer.
- You or your authorised driver must download Kurnia/AmAssurance One Touch App and contact our Kurnia Auto Assist through the SOS button only to arrange for towing assistance.
- Where we are in contact and are able to arrange your towing needs, we will arrange for this towing from the scene of the breakdown to the nearest police station or to the designated approved repairer within the distance mentioned above.
- For Non-Policyholders, the towing service is limited to one person/vehicle only over the Campaign Period.
- For Non-Policyholders, The Company, without cause, reserves the right to refuse towing; The Company would not be liable for any indirect consequence as a result of the towing or non-towing of the owner’s vehicle.
- The Company has discretion to amend the terms and conditions as and where necessary and applicable.
- The Company’s liability is limited to the towing charges/service only.
- Subject to the terms and conditions, there is no charge or payment for the towing services up to 50 kilometres for West Malaysia and 30 kilometres for East Malaysia per round trip.
4. You hereby give consent for your personal data and/or information to be processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010. You shall refer to our full Privacy Notice on www.kurnia.com or www.amassurance.com.my for further information.
5. AmGeneral may vary the terms and conditions of this Campaign without any prior notice. AmGeneral may withdraw or discontinue the Campaign at any time without giving prior notice and without incurring any liability.
6. All matters relating to this Campaign shall be final and conclusive by AmGeneral Insurance Berhad. In the event of any inconsistency between this Campaign’s Terms and Conditions and any marketing or promotional materials relating to this Campaign, this Campaign’s Terms and Conditions shall prevail.