Complimentary Peak Season Towing Services Campaign
Terms and Conditions
1. The Campaign shall commence from 21 April 2023 until 21 May 2023 (“Campaign Period”), and this is inclusive of both dates unless notified otherwise. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AmGeneral Insurance Berhad (“AmGeneral”) reserves the right to withdraw the Campaign or discontinue the Campaign at any time prior to 21 May 2023 without giving prior notice and without incurring any liability.
2. This Campaign applies to all Malaysian Citizens or Permanent Residents driving in Malaysia with a valid driving license subject to the terms and conditions stated herein.
3. Throughout this Campaign, we will offer you or your authorised driver towing assistance if the vehicle you are operating cannot be driven or is unsafe to be driven in the case of a breakdown or roadside assistance and needs to be towed.
Coverage of this Campaign
- Towing assistance will be provided within West and East Malaysia for any occurrence of breakdown and roadside assistance only.
- Up to a maximum of 50 kilometres for West Malaysia and 30 kilometres for East Malaysia per round trip, excluding toll charges incurred to move your vehicle to the nearest or to our designated approved repairer only. Where we can assist, towing assistance will be arranged from nearest to your location based on the availability of the service provider to destination of your choice within the respective 50km and 30 km towing distance limits as stated herein.
- Per Round trip is calculated from towing assistance’s pick-up location to drop off location and back to pick up location.
- The towing assistance will be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week during the Campaign Period.
Non-coverage of this Campaign
- For the purpose of disposing or towing your vehicle from one repairer to another.
- Any summons, compounds or fines from any authorities and/or any unpaid parking fees that may be incurred while waiting for the towing assistance shall be borne by you or your authorised driver.
- The towing assistance shall exclude any commercial vehicles, vehicles used for carriage of passengers for hire or reward, and motorcycles.
- Any evidence of the vehicles is being used for commercial purposes (Testing, racing or campaigning) shall be deemed as non-coverage.
- If the distance exceeds the specified limit for towing assistance in West Malaysia or East Malaysia, any additional charges will be communicated to you or your authorised driver prior scheduling the service.
- Extra costs associated with baby-tire / special equipment / basement towing, and other additional tools required will have to be borne by the customer.
Conditions of this Campaign
- You or your authorised driver must download Kurnia / AmAssurance One Touch App and contact our Kurnia Auto Assist through the SOS button or call our hotline number (Kurnia – 1 800 88 3833 or AmAssurance – 1 800 88 6333) to arrange for towing assistance.
- This Campaign is open to non-policy holders of Kurnia or AmAssurance, whereby the towing assistance is limited to one occurrence per person/vehicle only during the Campaign Period provided that your vehicle has a valid road tax. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AmGeneral reserves the right to refuse towing assistance at its own discretion.
- AmGeneral shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, claims or damages arising from or in connection to you, your authorised driver and/or your vehicle during the towing assistance or non-towing of your vehicle.
- AmGeneral’s liability is limited to the towing charges/service only.
- No payment is required from you or your authorised driver for the towing assistance up to 50 kilometres for West Malaysia and 30 kilometres for East Malaysia per round trip subject to the fulfillment of the conditions hereof.
4. By participating in this campaign, you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this campaign as stated herein and any additional terms and conditions stipulated by AmGeneral including the decisions of in all matters related thereto (“Terms and Conditions”).
5. You hereby give consent for your personal data and/or information to be processed in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010. You shall refer to our full Privacy Notice on www.kurnia.com or www.amassurance.com for further information.
6. AmGeneral may vary these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
7. AmGeneral reserves the right to change the Campaign Period and/or Disbursement Period if the launch of the Campaign is delayed and shall have no liability for the same.
8. AmGeneral would like to alert drivers to take reasonable precautions when receiving any phone calls and messages requesting for your personal information during and/or after the Campaign. AmGeneral would also like to advise drivers to call our Customer Centre for verification regarding the Campaign.
9. All matters relating to this Campaign shall be final and conclusive by AmGeneral Insurance Berhad. In the event of any inconsistency between this Campaign’s Terms and Conditions and any marketing or promotional materials relating to this Campaign, this Campaign’s Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
10. For further information, you are advised to contact our Customer Centre @ 1 800 88 6333 for AmAssurance or 1 800 88 3833 for Kurnia.
11. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.